Senior Director or Vice President, Finance
The Senior Director or Vice President, Finance reports will report directly to the CEO, assuming a strategic role in the overall management of the company. S/he will serve as the organization’s senior financial executive and a critical member of the senior management team, with responsibility for leading the company’s financial operations including cash management, budgeting and forecasting, financial and strategic planning and risk management. We are looking for a candidate who will also look to engage in broad strategic dialog with other members of the senior management team to drive the growth of the company.
- Active participation in the leadership team meetings of senior management, including non-financial areas.
- Preparation of materials and presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Direct management of the Audit Committee and liaison with external auditors.
- Provide guidance and expertise regarding current and future financial considerations in strategic planning sessions.
- Oversee short- and long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage and monitor the organization’s cash flow and capital needs.
- Supervise the accounting staff person on day-to-day operations that includes, but is not limited to, month/year-end close, accounts payable, financial reporting, payroll and cash disbursements.
- Work with the operations team as needed to drive results by providing reports on budgetary performance.
- Create reports on financial and organizational performance, projections and other information for board and committee members in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage relationships with external banking, audit and tax providers.
- Adherence to our corporate values: Patient-focused, Passion, Integrity, Excellence and One Team.
- Desire to contribute to more than just the finance operations of the company.
- BA or MBA in Finance or Accounting required, other additional relevant advanced-degree and/or certification, such as a CFA or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership to board and executive members on financial matters.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and FASB, particularly as it relates to biotech.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org