Research Associate, Vector Production
TCR2 Therapeutics Inc. is an immuno-oncology company developing novel cancer therapies that unleash the full signaling power of complete T cell receptors (TCR). TCR2 has developed a unique proprietary TRuC™ platform which can reprogram the natural TCR complex to recognize specific antigens found on tumors where they elicit rapid killing of cancer cells. The company has demonstrated activity against both hematological and solid tumor targets in preclinical models and believes its TRuC™-reprogrammed T cells will serve as the engine for important therapies. TCR2 was founded by MPM Capital and has scientific operations in Cambridge, MA to leverage best-in-class technologies and nucleate top-tier academic laboratories around the world.
The successful candidate will join the Process Development group in the production and optimization of lentiviral vectors, execution of cell culture and cell process experiments, and participation in the evaluation of new technologies in the development of a robust and scalable manufacturing process. The position represents an excellent opportunity for career development, working closely with experienced scientists in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
• Generation and maintenance of various cell lines and used by internal research groups
• Production of retroviral vector stocks using various transfection methodologies
• Assist analytics team in evaluation of in-process and endpoint samples
• Thorough documentation of procedures and experiments
• Coordinate with various internal groups for the generation and evaluation of emerging vector products.
• Assist in drafting of SOPs, technical documents, batch records, etc, for transfer to external CMOs.
• Participation in internal and external meetings detailing ongoing work.
• B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, protein chemistry or related discipline with 1-2 years relavent experience
• Experience with mammalian cell culture in CHO, HEK293, or similar cell lines
• Previous experience with retroviral vector systems, production and purification, is preferred
• Excellent bench skills with attention to detail and high standards for data integrity and quality
• The candidate should be a team player, highly organized with excellent communication skills, and demonstrate scientific rigor and excellent problem solving skills
Interested candidates should send their resume to Careers@TCR2.com.